Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy New Year!

Whew, now that the dust has settled from the holidays, I'm getting back into the creative swing of things. I hope you've all had a great few months.

Yesterday I went to the fantastic Georgia Sea Turtle Center. I was blown away by the knowledge and helpfulness of the volunteers and really enjoyed seeing the veterinary staff work on injured and sick turtles. If you're in the Southern Coastal GA area, I highly recommend it.

I've been playing around with my new set of stamps so I can provide my customers with hand stamped jewelry. It's so popular and so personal (and so fun to make!) that I just couldn't resist entering this market. I am still hand cutting, shaping, forming and texturing all the metal I use rather than using pre-formed blanks, so each piece will be truly unique!

Much more to come in the new year! I'm finding tons of inspiration in my surroundings right now - Jekyll Island especially. I think this place will be making an appearance in my designs for quite awhile, even after the rig has rolled on.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment