Friday, February 13, 2009

Finally Friday

I'm very excited about this new blog I found. Natasha of Thursday Sweet Treat provides artists with a theme. The idea is to let your mind run wild and create a piece of art based on the theme. The rules are simple: you're not allowed to create with your "audience" in mind. It's a little like free writing. You create simply to create and see what you come up with. I tend to always follow my own inspiration when I'm making jewelry, rather than what is trendy or what I think people will want, simply because if you don't love your work no one else will. I learned that when I was writing fiction and it's held true for jewelry as well. But it will still be fun to have carte blanche to run wild with my creations.

Oh, and the theme? Dreaming in Color. Fun! For a former goth who wore only black, I have a strange lust for color now. Pay no attention to the fact that I'm wearing all black at the moment...

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment