Friday, February 6, 2009

Picture pages, picture pages


I'm not feeling terribly verbal today, so I thought I'd share some photos of my recent activity.

Gift bags for my nieces in GA: I made them little bracelets. I hope they're big enough! I wasn't sure of the size, but they do stretch a lot. I love the bags. I think they're so cute.

I've been wrapped up in other fun Valentine's Day activities. Keath and I are going to Nevada City to see Blue Turtle Seduction on Valentine's Day at the Miner's Foundry and they're having a dress up event. So I've been trying to decide what to wear to that. There will be hippie dancing galore, so I don't want anything too short, formal, uncomfortable, etc. Here's everything out:
I haven't actually made a decision yet though. I don't think I'll be buying anything new, but I have been looking around vintage and thrift shops to see if I find anything fun. At least I know I can always make some fun jewelry to go with whatever I decide on!

Last night we went to B&N to plan our trip to Alaska, because when we try to do it at home we end up getting distracted. I usually end up editing photos to post online and Keath gets sucked into an online game or something. Our intentions are good, but our wills are weak! Tonight we're going to check out the local coffee shop, YAKS, instead of the B&N, though. We just didn't know where to go last night.
I don't know if you can see it from this, but we're using the Rough Guide. Rough guides are the best guides for travel, I think. There are a few that are for a different type of traveler than us. A few focus on shopping and five star hotels we can't afford, and another few are written in a tone that is so jaded that they take the fun out of everything. Rough Guides strike a nice balance. They're interestingly written, and you can almost read them like a novel, but they don't make you feel like a jerk if you don't want to go paracamping into the wilderness or something. They also include info for a variety of budgets.

I just noticed for a nonverbal day, I'm fairly chatty! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment