Thursday, February 12, 2009

Running Wild

I had to drag myself out for my run today. The only thing that got me out into the cold, damp weather was the certainty born of experience that I would feel much better after. But it was still a struggle. When I was getting dressed, I put on my cutest, brightest running clothes in an attempt to cheer myself up and make up for the fact that I was leaving my beads for my fitness. (I'm a Certified Personal Trainer and it's hard for me to exercise when it's cold - don't you feel better about your reticence now?) The clothes helped a lot. The skirt just makes me happy. Large floral print - how can you not be happy?! AND it goes so well with my thrift store find - a wicking Nike hoodie for $3.50.

It's funny that when I'm hanging out at home, I pretty much wear yoga pants and t-shirts, and when I go run errands, I wear jeans and t-shirts, but when I go running, I want to look pretty and feminine. Why? No clue, I just find it motivating. Many people look at me funny for wearing a skirt while running, but they are the ones who don't understand the horror of your shorts riding up until it looks like you're wearing bikini briefs. Neither attractive or comfy. Men and women with thin legs are immune to this problem. I am neither. Hence, skirts! This one is from Skirt Sports. The owner is a crazy accomplished athlete and I wear the Spankies as underwear, they're that comfortable. Shhhhhh, don't tell.

And, yes, the run did make me feel better and I was super productive when I got back. Check out one of my favorite creations from today: I love, love, love it, and I hope you do too!



Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment