Monday, March 9, 2009

Eugene!

Hello all!

On Saturday we ran our last race in Redding, the NorCal 10 and 3 mile. K ran the 10, I ran the 3. I had been sick for a week, so I wasn't expecting much for myself, but I did well. Well enough to get 2nd place for my age division - if I was a guy, which they thought I was . After straightening that out, I still wound up with a medal, albeit for fourth. I did manage to sprint ahead of someone at the finish line, which is always fun. Not that my sprint affected my age group ranking, since the girl I got ahead of was 16 and I'm, well, not.

Cute, huh?

We moved from Redding, CA to Eugene, OR on Sunday and I'm a little peeved that the weather decided to welcome us with snow. Uck. It didn't help that the weather in Redding was gorgeous when we left! But such is the life of a nomad. Sun is in the forecast for the end of the week, so I shouldn't complain. Eugene looks nice and we're looking forward to pub trivia tonight, a diversion we missed while in Redding. Not that we're particularly good at it, but we like to try!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment