Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thursday Temptations

Oy, it's late to be posting this! But I had to wait for the library to open before posting, since for some reason anything involving Google does not work on the network in the park. Any techies who have ideas why this might be, feel free to shoot me a note! Onwards!

It's Thursday again! Do the weeks just seem to be flying by - they do to me! Since it's Thursday, it's time to see some wonderful splurge items by handmade artists. This week we have something for everyone in an array of styles.

First up:
A beautiful wall sculpture by PoodleBreath on Etsy. I simply love this piece. It's called Little Helping Hands, and it's just that - 3D hands that come out of the wall to hold your jewelry or whatever else you'd like to hand over. Poodlebreath's shop is filled with items that evoke (to me, anyway) the mysterious, not-quite-dark side of fairy tales and fantasy. Looking at her shop is a little like walking through a dream.



Next up:
A lovely handbag by InkiMade at Etsy. I love that blue pattern on this bag and its wealth of pockets to stash all your stuff. I don't usually carry a purse, because I can stash everything I need for short jaunts into my pockets, so for me this would make a lovely bag for a day jaunt into a city, with enough room to carry lunch and a book as well as a wallet and cell. Inkimade's shop is chock full of a fun variety of items, including stationary and sachets.








On to:
A quirky laptop and accessory pouch set from Brokesy at Etsy. I adore this because it makes me giggle every time I look at it. The poor petrified squirrel looks like he'd like to hide in the pouch with your accessories. Brokesy's shop features cute, humorous ways to safely carry your laptop and other gadgetry. I love that the opening scene to The Crow (I'm pretty sure) is featured in one of the product photos - clever.









Last but not least:
A cozy lap afghan by PrimitiveJunkie on Etsy. This color palette is so soothing it makes me want to curl up and drink tea under it, which I'm pretty sure is the main goal in the life of a lap blanket. I love the look of crochet because my grandmother used to crochet things for me all the time. PrimitiveJunkie also features jewelry, hand stitched pillows and an assortment of other fun goodies.

That's all, kidlets! I think that my blog posts may be fewer in the next few weeks while I get my behind in gear and order an Express card so I can get reliable Internet wherever I am. Until that happens or the mystery of the nonresolving Google is solved, chances are good that I'll be updating twice a week, Tuesdays and Thursdays. I'll still do the Thursday Temptations because I love it so.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. What a nice feature piece! I'm loving the 'helping hands'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that bag by inkihandmade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds - I'm really loving that bag!!

    ReplyDelete