Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I'm back!

Ugh, what a long beginning of the week. My husband and I went to Trinidad, CA for my birthday over the weekend. We stayed at a lovely house we found on Vacation Rental By Owner (VRBO), a site I highly recommend checking out if you're not already familiar with it. The house was set in the Redwoods and came complete with a hot tub - sweet! K made me the best Red Velvet Cake ever from a recipe he found on a high school friend's blog, Smitten Kitchen. Yum! It was fun watching him bake while I sat on the couch drinking wine and watching What Not to Wear. Yes, this is what I did on my birthday and I loved it!

The next day, we went for a hike at Patrick's Point State Park. It was a great, easy hike and we got to see a lot of fun ocean views. We spent a lot of time on Agate Beach, enjoying the surf and searching for sea stones. There are a lot of agates on the beach (duh!) but I'm not sure if I got any or not. I should get better at identifying stones, since I plan on getting a Dremel and making jewelry out of fun stones I find!

We drove home through the rain on Sunday and by Sunday night I knew I was sick. Glorious. The hot tub I had spent so much time in had done me wrong and I had to get myself some Cipro on Monday. I'm still not quite right, since UTIs throw me for a loop for some reason, but at least now I'm functional. Yesterday I was just a whiny lump and Monday I slept a lot.

On to the future!
Tomorrow is Temptation Thursday - be sure to swing by and see the fun, handmade splurge items from great artists. I think you'll find some drool-worthy goodies! Check out last Thursday's post for last week's featured pieces.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment